Yeti Snowshoe Adventure
Join ME on this unforgettable snowshoe tour over Durmitor Mountain Range. This mountain range boasts 100+ peaks over 2000 m and 18 glacial lakes above 1500m! It’s a true privilege seeing them snow-covered/surrounded and tourist-free in winter.
During this tour you will visit 3, arguably most beautiful Durmitor lakes, while walking surrounded by the numerous, imposing peaks through idyllic snow-covered pine forests.
For winter enthusiasts and adventurers, with little or no ski experience, we offer a selection of two optional 2-day extensions. You can learn to ski in Durmitor’s only ski centre OR, if you already know how to ski, we offer you an off the track Ski Touring beginner course.
- Off-season experience of Montenegro’s famous and breathtaking mountain range
- Winter visits of Durmitor’s most beautiful glacial lakes
- Experience pure wilderness of some of the Balkans’ most beautiful mountains
- Optional ski lessons or the Ski Touring beginner course
- Day 1: Meeting in Žabljak.
- Day 2: Snowshoe hike to Black Lake.
- Day 3: Snowshoe hike to Zminje Lake.
- Day 4: Snowshoe hike to Jablan Lake.
- Day 5: Airport or accommodation drop-off.
- Day 6 (optional): Ski lessons or Ski Tour beginner course.
- Day 7 (optional): Ski lessons or Ski Tour beginner course. Airport or accommodation drop-off.
Our meeting point is the town Žabljak. Žabljak is appoximately a 2-3 hour drive from Podgorica and a 4-hour drive from Tivat.
Our first walk commences at an old Yugoslav ski slope, found at around 1500 m above sea level, at the foot of a mountain. During approximately 3 hours, the walk will take us up the slope and on a path through a beautiful forest, leading to Durmitor’s largest lake, The Black Lake. The elevation gained walking to the lake is around 200 m. Once at the lake, we will follow a circular around-the lake path, for an additional 3 km and 1 hour. The path offers unparalleled lake views, from all angles, in its mountain and forest setting. At the end of the circular lake path you will be rewarded with hot food and refreshments in a local restaurant.
The 2nd snowshoe hike will lead us to a slightly smaller but an equally beautiful lake, Zminje Lake. The round trip hike is approximately 7 km, takes up to 5 hours and has a total elevation gain of 200 m. During the hike we will follow the idyllic The Mill Path, famed for remnants of old mills used by the locals for flower production.
We saved the best (and most challenging) for last – Jablan Lake. This lake is the highest of the 3, found at 1800 m and, as a result, the one offering the best views! During this snowshoe hike, we will endure a 600 m elevation gain (no small feat in winter conditions), during 6 hours and the total distance of 10 km.
Your planned departure is from Žabljak (after a morning sauna session at the hotel). If you are staying longer in Montenegro, you can always join us on another adventure 😊
The optional two-day extension of this adventure is for those who want to learn to ski or ski tour. The extension offers a beginner ski course at Durmitor’s only ski centre OR, if you already know how to ski, an off the track ski touring beginner course.
- Professional bilingual local guide (English and Montenegrin)
- 4 nights’ accommodation in a 4* hotel
- All food – 4 dinners, 4 breakfasts and snacks during walks