Three Peaks Challenge
Komovi Mountain Range remains uncommercialised, making it ideal for those looking for solitude and a chance to experience true wilderness undisturbed.
This adventure is a challenge of conquering our three favourite peaks, Kučki Kom, Ljevorečki Kom and Vasojevićki Kom, each standing at nearly 2500 m. While none of the peaks are technically demanding, there are several steep sections on all of them and some mountaineering experience and a good fitness level is required.
If climbing three peaks in three days isn’t enough, we offer an optional two-day extension and chance to do a breathtaking 22 km hike around the three peaks. The hike takes you through beautiful woodland and open plains and gives you a chance to spend a night camping deep in the backcountry.
- Experiencing one of Montenegro’s most beautiful and least commercial mountain ranges
- Breathtaking views of Montenegro and bordering countries
- Conquering three 2500 m peaks in three days
- Physically challenging, adrenaline-filled adventure
- Optional circular hike with backcountry camping in epic wilderness
- Day 1: Meeting in Village Štavna and overnight stay in a mountain lodge.
- Day 2: Hike to Vasojevićki Kom. Overnight stay in a mountain lodge.
- Day 3: Hike to Ljevorečki Kom. Overnight stay in a mountain lodge.
- Day 4: Hike to Kučki Kom. Airport or accommodation drop-off.
- Day 5 (optional): Day one hike around Komovi. Overnight stay in a tent in the backcountry.
- Day 6 (optional): Day two hike around Komovi. Airport or accommodation drop-off.
Our meeting point is Village Štavna, at the foot of Komovi Mountain Range. Depending on where you land it’s a 3 hour drive from Podgorica and a 5 hour drive from Tivat. If, because of the time of your arrival, you are unable to reach Village Štavna by 9pm we would advise that you spend the night locally and travel to Prokletije on the next day. If this is the case, please let us know before making the booking and if necessary, we can assist you in finding suitable accommodation for your first night in Montenegro.
During the adventure with us, your accommodation will be in a mountain lodge at the foot of the mountain.
Vasojevićki Kom hike is approximately 10 km, takes up to 6 hours and has a total elevation gain of 750 m. Vasojevićki Kom stands at an impressive 2460 m, from where you will be able to see entire swathes of central and northern Montenegro, along with farther views of Albania and Serbia in the distance.
Ljevorečki Kom hike is an 8-hour, 15 km round trip, with an elevation gain of 1000 m to the highest point of 2469 m. During this ascent you will be tested physically yet, in return, you will get your share of mesmerising scenery and an adrenalin fix to go with it.
The final hike, Kučki Kom, takes 8 hours to complete and is approximately 14 km long. This is the highest of the three peaks, at 2487 m, requiring a total elevation gain of 1000 m to reach the top. Like the other two peaks, Kučki Kom also boasts breathtaking views of Montenegro and the surrounding countries.
On the last day, the departure is scheduled for after breakfast.
If you are staying longer in Montenegro you can always join us on another adventure 😊
The optional two-day extension of this adventure is for those who want to maximise their Montenegrin mountain experience. This extension would give you an opportunity to do a breathtaking hike around the peaks you previously climbed, most likely leaving you completely exhausted and ready for a few days at the beach. The total hike, split over two days, is 22 km long and has an elevation gain of 800 m. The hike takes you through beautiful woodland and open plains and gives you a chance to spend a night camping deep in the backcountry, with nobody around.