This tour will see you paddling down several kilometres of Morača River into the Balkan’s largest lake, Skadar Lake. You can choose to do the tour in a packraft, stand-up paddle board (SUP) or even try both!
During the tour you will kayak/paddle board through Europe’s biggest bird reserve. Naturally, you will be rewarded by sightings of countless bird species and beautiful nature, both along the river and the lake. If you are really lucky, you might even see pelicans!
The tour sets off from Morača River at a point north of Vranjina, a small fishing village, and finishes on the banks of Skadar Lake, on the southern side of the village.
- River and lake paddling
- Try out packraft and paddle board
- Birdwatching in Europe’s largest bird reserve
- Beautiful nature
- Tranquil uncommercial location
- Part 1: Welcome and introduction to SUP and packraft
- Part 2: Paddle down Morača River
- Part 3: Break on the river bank
- Part 4: Paddle within Skadar Lake
- Optional extension: Lake crossing and overnight stay
Prior to setting off we will do some out- and in-water packraft and paddle boarding training. Even though the participants of this tour have previously paddled, a few tips from our experienced guides will go a long way and help you paddle efficiently and have more fun.
We will start the tour by paddling down the river. At this point we can take it slowly and look out for the birds on the river banks while enjoying the surrounding nature.
After approximately an hour we will find a suitable spot along the river for a quick stop, rest and an optional river swim.
The last part of the tour will take us down the stretch of the river leading into Skadar Lake. Depending on your fatigue, the time of day and wind, we can choose a longer or a shorter paddle to the lake’s shore, where our tour ends.
If you are staying longer in Montenegro, you can join us on another adventure 😊
The optional extension of this adventure is for experienced kayakers, as it involves a 2 hour (each way) crossing of the lake. While we always cross the lake at most calm time, the wind and waves can pick up at any point, which requires strong paddlers. Following the crossing, you will be rewarded with an overnight stay in a picturesque fishing village, only accessible by boat.
The stay in the village is in private accommodation and includes dinner and breakfast. During the stay you can swim in the lake, have a drink on the terrace and enjoy the breathtaking views of the lake. Before bed, you can do some awesome stargazing!
The departure form the village is early in the morning, getting us back to the other side of the lake before the winds pick up.
- Professional bilingual (Montenegrin and English) local guide/s throughout the tour
- Packraft, paddle board or both
- Use of a waterproof mobile phone case to take photos of your adventure
- Use of drybag to store your clothes
- Optional extension: one night’s accommodation, dinner, breakfast