Komarnica 3 Day Packrafting
River Komarnica is one of the least known kayakable rivers in Montenegro. Unlike Tara River, Komarnica is characterised by complete absence of commercial tours and it guarantees solitude in one of Montenegro’s most beautiful canyons!
Komarnica is made up of class II and class III, with an occasional class IV rapid in April. It is friendly to beginners but there are plenty of rapids that even seasoned kayakers would find exciting. Prior to embarking on this amazing paddle you will have a chance to undergo a short, practical, packraft course.
Furthermore, by joining us on this adventure you will contribute to the conservation of Komarnica. We will donate 10% of the profits from each tour to an NGO fighting to prevent dam construction on this river.
For further information, read the ME expedition diary entry with our experiences of this adventure 😊
- Paddling Komarnica is only available with Montenegro Expeditions
- Packraft beginner course included
- Excitement-filled packrafting down one of Europe’s least explored rivers
- Solitude in complete wilderness of the canyon
- Stopovers at spectacular springs, waterfalls and beaches
- Two hour boat cruise along Piva Lake
- Relaxing, two night stay, in a beautiful cabin on the edge of the canyon
- Day 1: Rendezvous at Etno Selo Izlazak, packraft course in Piva Lake and overnight stay in a lodge.
- Day 2: Packraft down Komarnica River and overnight stay in a lodge.
- Day 3: Breakfast and departure.
We will meet by noon at “Etno Selo Izlazak”, found just off the main road between Nikšić and Plužine. From here there is a 10 min drive down to Piva Lake, where a 2 hour beginner packraft course will take place. After the course a restaurant dinner will be provided.
The overnight stays on both nights are in lodge-type accommodation on the edge of the Komarnica canyon and approximately a half an hour’s drive from “Etno Selo Izlazak”.
Following breakfast, we will make our way down into the canyon. The descent to the river takes approximately an hour. The packrafting section of the river is 14 km and will take approximately another 4 hours.
Along the way we will make stops at various waterfalls and beaches. Our final stop is at the mouth of the river where it meets Piva Lake. Here, we will be picked up by a boat, taking us on a 2 hour cruise along the lake. At the end of the day a restaurant dinner will be provided.
The departure is programmed after breakfast and we will drop you off back to “Etno Selo Izlazak”.
If you are staying in Montenegro for longer you can always join us on another adventure 😊
- A fully guided packrafting adventure and the necessary gear
- Packrafting beginner course
- Experienced bilingual local guide/s
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a mountain lodge
- All food – 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and paddle snacks